To our church . . .
CC Lafayette Update: May 28, 2020
In our world where things change fast, and we need to adjust quickly, all we can do is trust the Lord and do our best. We are being forced to do things most of us have never done before– social distance, wear a face mask in some places, take more precautions than we’re used to doing. It makes us wonder what’s coming next. For those of us who know Christ, even in the midst of uncertainty, we have a confidence and a peace that God is ultimately in control. He calms our fears and reassures our hopes. He’s never failed us yet, and He never will. Even though much of what we are experiencing is spiritual warfare, it’s good to remind ourselves that God has never lost a battle, and He picked us to be on His team. “…greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” ( 1John 4:4)
We have some announcements and changes that I want to share with you. First of all I want to say to those who have been sheltering in your homes, especially our seniors and those who have been experiencing health challenges, we love you, miss you, and care dearly about you. Continue to shelter as long as you’re comfortable. There is no rush for you to return to in person worship until you feel you’re ready. Please continue to watch the live-stream worship and Word from the comfort and security of your home. We can’t wait to see you again, hopefully soon.
Now for the updates and changes:
1. Beginning next Sunday, June 7th, we will have two worship times. The first will be at 9:00 a.m. and the second at 10:30 a.m. Each will be approximately one hour and will be duplicate services. We would like to encourage those who are 55 hears and older to come to the 9:00 a.m. worship service, this will help us to socially distance comfortably. If everyone comes to the 10:30 a.m. service, we can’t successfully maintain the 6 foot suggested distancing. The second 10:30 a.m. worship service will be for adults and families with children of middle school and high school age, and we request that families sit together.
Of course, we are flexible. Some families may prefer to come at the 9:00 a.m. service, and some of our older saints prefer to attend the 10:30 a.m. worship time. That’s fine; we just needed to categorize in hope of attaining a balance in the two services for social distancing. If we grow and need to go to three services, we’ll do that too as God provides enough workers.
2. We are getting closer to resuming our children and youth classes, and they will probably start up again, June 21st. We will confirm the date by next week. Pray for Karen as she is working to make this happen. She’s already contacted some parents and is literally re-doing our children’s ministry to be effective in the times we are experiencing. Pray for our youth leaders and teachers as they are doing the same for the youth. Pray especially for Bob Tanis with the death of his brother Paul, totally unexpected last week.
3. Joe Neville’s Sunday school class will resume June 7th, 10:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall, after the 9:00 a.m. worship service.
4. As we have mentioned in previous emails, masks are encouraged but not required. If you’re comfortable wearing a mask, by all means, do. If you’re not comfortable wearing a mask, there is no obligation. Of course, if you’re not feeling well, please stay at home and watch the live-stream.
5. Next Sunday, June 7th, we will have holy communion. For those live-streaming, please be prepared with your own juice and wafer/cracker. For those who are in-person, the juice and wafer will be provided for both the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. worship services.
6. Sunday, July 5th, we will have our church-wide picnic (BBQ) and baptism beginning at noon. If you know Christ and haven’t been baptized yet, please sign up in the gathering area.
7. Our live-stream address is YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCLafayette
On Facebook: Calvary Chapel Indiana Lafayette
8. In addition to Bob Tanis (see above), pray for health and strength in Leo Melle.
9. Congratulations to our graduates:
High School: Honor Amos (Son of Perry & Amee)
Alexis Sell (Daughter of Adam & Amanda)
AJ Carlson (Son of Brian & Sarah)
Gabriel Closson (Grandson of Jeff & Karen- FL)
Jacquie Douglas (Daughter of Greg & Liz- TX)
College/CCBCi: Vivian Haley Streeter (Daughter of Eric & Margie, Wife of Andrew)
10. Giving: For those who come to the church, we have two agape (love) giving boxes in the foyer for your convenience. For those sheltering at home, please send your check through the mail: Calvary Chapel / 2111 East State Street / Lafayette, IN 47905. Thank you for your support of Calvary Chapel Lafayette.
11. Please forward this email to those who we may have missed. Stay tuned, pray, and keep looking up. Bless You!