To our church . . .
CC Lafayette Update: June 26, 2020
“Keep looking up, keep trusting Jesus, and keep praying!”
Be Encouraged! God is in control even when things appear to be out of control. Hebrews 13:5b says that God “…will never leave you or forsake you.” The last chapter and the last verse in Matthew 28 are Jesus’ last words of the Great Commission. The last phrase of that last verse reads, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age!” Isn’t that cool? Jesus says He will never leave us or forsake us, and He’s with us to the end of the age/world. Therefore, our all-powerful God is with us through all the crazy stuff that’s happening in our world. We would do well to spend more time with Him and less time watching the depressing news. This will keep our spirit strong, and we’ll be in a better position to help and encourage others.
Sunday, July 5th!!!!
A huge Sunday is coming up next week as we celebrate our nation’s 244th birthday. God Bless America! We will have our annual barbecue and baptism. We will have one worship time at 10:30 am, outdoors under a big tent. The 9:00 am service will resume the following week, July 12th. A few important things:
1. Please bring your lawn chairs to sit on under the tent. Bring enough chairs for your family, adults, youth, children. We will all be together. We will socially distance as best we can with families being close together.
2. We’re going to need help setting up equipment – sound system, tables and chairs for the picnic. I will let you know next week the time(s) we’ll be setting up. 10-12 people make the work go quickly. We could also use more canopies if you have one.
3. Please bring hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, buns, and a side dish, and cans or bottles of soda. Chips need to be individually packaged. The church will provide lemonade, iced tea, condiments, and ice cream.
4. Sign up for baptism in the foyer and pick up the baptismal information sheet. Get the word out about baptism, please.
5. Parents may bring their children’s swimsuits, towels, and a change of clothing. After baptism, the kids are free to swim.
Special Prayer: Gary Head, recovery; Ron Kovach, back surgery next Thursday; Melanie Ludlow, successful treatments; Pastor Joe, successful treatments.
Live-stream: We continue to live-stream. Next Sunday, July 5th, we will live-stream on Facebook only.
On YouTube: https://cchapel.org/live-stream/
On Facebook: Calvary Chapel Indiana, Lafayette
Nursery: For now the nursery will be open, but the parents will need to care for their own babies. The monitor will be on in the nursery, so the worship can be watched. We would prefer the nursery to be used during the 10:30 am worship only, if possible.
Children and Youth Ministry: Special announcement about both of these ministries next week. For now, we hope to begin 2 classes: preschool (ages 2-3-4) and early elementary (Kindergarten-2nd grade) soon. Those classes will be held during the 10:30 am service only.
Blessings & Maranatha!